Monday, May 4, 2009

Dessert Auction

I thoroughly enjoyed the dessert auction on Sunday (other than my wife not being there because of a sick baby). We had a lot of fun as a church family and raised over $7,000 for the youth group to go toward summer camps and conferences. What a generous outpouring from a church that believes in passing on the faith to the next generation. I'm proud of our congregation meeting the need (and having some fun while doing it).

The auction itself was a lot of fun. I didn't understand why everyone was bidding me up, but it was all for a good cause. I actually had a couple of people come to me afterwards and apologize for bidding me up! Too funny. We had a lot of kidding and poking going on there. I was joking with my wife last night that an event like that can be a great test of unity for a church! I just think that it's so great to be able to have fun together as a church.

No comments: