Wednesday, September 14, 2011

It's Already Happening

Nothing charges me more than hearing about our church members doing amazing things for God. If you were here on Sunday, you know that I preached about Christians having greater boldness to share their faith. Acts 4:29 challenged me personally to pray and beg God for a greater boldness to share the gospel. I encourage you to listen to the message from Sunday, not because I'm some great preacher, but because I think that the story of the early church and what they faced challenges us to make a move for God. Here's the link: www.myoakwood.org/sermons Just look for September 11th called "Great Boldness".

So I get a call this morning from a guy in our church. He's excited to share with me that someone from his work is going to be joining his Bible study. Apparently God did some awesome work to have a mutual friend who goes to church here connect them and open the doors for conversations about God and His church. Now there is divine purpose for all that has happened there and God is using one of our men (or a couple of them) to possibly draw this guy into a relationship with the Lord. Amazing!

I've also had a couple of other stories and emails this week. A lady from our church called me about being bold in her faith in the hospital yesterday. Another lady emailed me about the courage she had to talk about faith and Christ with another student from her class at school. God is using our people to do some amazing things for Him! Doors are bring opened and the gospel is being shared.

At the end of the service Sunday we all prayed together this prayer: "Lord, enable your servants to speak your word with great boldness." And then we made it more personal: "Lord, enable me to speak your word with great boldness." Maybe we should all pray that everyday. And maybe through begging God to give us courage and strength and opportunities, maybe God will save many and call many back to Himself through our faithfulness.

Now I'm praying, do it again, Lord! Do it again!

No comments: