Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A Gift on Sunday

This note was handed to me on Sunday after church from one of our members. She said that this person got up to leave right after the message and handed this to her on her way out. It reminded me once again that you never know how God's Word is going to hit people. I'm humbled and amazed that God could use even me to speak to His people on His behalf. I'm also reminded that not every person that attends on a Sunday morning is saved and a part of the body of Christ. People come in every week with their stuff. We need to be more sensitive to these. And we need to pray for them, as the request here was made.

I don't know who wrote this. The lady that handed it to me said that she had never seen this person in church before (not to say they hadn't been here, just hadn't seen her). Even though "threw" is misspelled and the note is anonymous, I'll keep it as a reminder of "so that's why I keep doing this". I don't know who was more blessed on Sunday...the hearer or the preacher!

Thanks for the affirmation. God used this to encourage me.

1 Peter 4:11 "If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen."

No comments: