Friday, June 12, 2009

Perspective- ICBW

When I shared the message last week which was on the American Idol we called "More", I shared a little phrase that can help you with contentment. It's ICBW or it could be worse. If you really think about your life and specifically what you have, if envy and discontentment is knocking at your door then you just have to remember, it could be worse. The fact is, it really could be. We should be content with what we have. Paul shares in Philippians 4:11-12 "I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want."

If you've seen or heard the list of Paul's sufferings, you know that he truly understood contentment if he could say what he's just said in Philippians. We must find contentment, not just to rid ourselves of the idolatry of the "More" idol, but in order keep God and what He wants at the center of our lives.

Remember, it could be worse, it really could be.

No comments: