Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Staying in Step with Him

This is a good throught from Greg Laurie. Be encouraged and remember to stay in step with HIM!

"Can two walk together, unless they are agreed?"— Amos 3:3

A while ago, I was having problems with my German shepherd whenever we went for a walk. If another dog came anywhere near him, he would go crazy and lunge out at the dog, even if it wasn't bothering him.

When I shared this with the people who gave him to us, they asked me how I was walking him. I told them how, a lot of times, I would take him out, turn him loose, and let him go wherever he wanted to. Sometimes he would chase rabbits. When he was done, I would take him home.

They told me I couldn't do that anymore, because I was letting him run wild. They said, "The problem is that he is too 'doggy.' " They went on to explain how he needed to be reminded of who his master was. They said I needed to get him on his leash and use a muzzle device.

I started using it, and I found that it did work. I would just pull on his muzzle a little bit and he couldn't go after that rabbit. He had to go where I wanted him to go.

After a while, I took the muzzle off. Now he no longer needs that device. I am the master and he is the dog. He just goes where I go.

We can be like that with God. We say, "Here is what I want to do, Lord. You come with me." But God says, "That is not the way it works. I want you to be more like Me. I want you to get in step with Me. I want you to go where I am going."

When we do, we are living the Christian life to its fullest.

No comments: