Friday, July 10, 2009

Not Blogging So Much & a Proud Daddy

I do have to say to my readers that I'm terribly sorry for not writing more than I have been. It's just been really busy and as I look down my list of ministry priorities, my blog gets put on the back burner from time to time. There is so much I could write about that's happened since my last blog, but I decided to start current and try to stay current and not back track too much.

I got to go to church camp with Madalyn this week. This was her first time to church camp as an actual camper (she's been a couple times as a P.K.) and I was thrilled to be able to share this experience with her. She made me so proud in so many ways that I can't even begin to express it all. I had a couple of sponsors from other churches tell me how well behaved she was, how she participated in Bible lessons, helped others, did her memory work, and was truly a blessing to everyone. That made daddy very proud.

I got to see her heart first hand on the first day of camp. We split into family groups. Each camper had to pick a partner so you could have at least one friend in every group. There were 3 girls from Oakwood of course and Maddy was the one who was left out. My heart broke for her, but she handled it like a champ and made friends with another girl who was by herself. Madalyn did a great job being positive and grateful even in these circumstances. Again, daddy was so proud of her.

After camp we talked about it all and she had the best time. She can't wait to go back next year, she said. It was a good little camp for her. I'm glad that she felt like she had a positive experience and wants to go back again.

VBS is next week and we're all gearing up for a great week. I'll be working 24-7 for the next 10 days or so. I'll try to keep up with blogging a little more. Be patient with this pastor and remember that God's not finished with me either. Keep the faith & live the faith!

No comments: