Tuesday, July 14, 2009

VBS Excitement

Our Vacation Bible School is this week. My girls are so excited and have been for about 2 weeks prior. In my family, my wife has spent a couple of weeks coming up here everyday for planning, cutting, gluing, decorating, making copies and such for our VBS. The girls and I "help" of course and it's great. The girls are so excited every night as they get to learn Bible stories, experience recreation, do neat crafts that reinforce lessons, get to meet and learn from missionaries, and get to be with many friends and volunteers from our church family. It's a great week and I'm so happy that my girls are excited about it.

Tonight I saw a whole lot of kids really excited to be here. They are learning and growing in the Lord. This is when a church is at its best, when we're serving the community and each other through discipleship and ministry that plant eternal seeds in the hearts of hearers. Those kids are the hearers this week. I'm just glad to be a part of what God is doing.

Thanks to God for His blessings and provision and thanks to all of the faithful servants who get their hands dirty by serving the "least of these" in His name!

No comments: