Monday, December 21, 2009

White Christmas

For my following, I'm sorry that I haven't blogged in over a week. As I mentioned before, ministry has seasons where priorities must shift and and some things get put on the back burner. Thus, the blog suffers.

Last Wednesday night, we had 6 groups go out and carol many of our church members, the elderly, and shut-ins throughout Enid. It was a great time of spreading Christmas cheer and sharing the message of Christmas through song. I had my girls in my group and we had a blast. One of the houses we stopped at had an older gentleman and his wife. His wife is in a wheelchair, but they come to church faithfully, even when the weather isn't so good. As he rolled his wife to the doorway, we began to sing Christmas carols. She just smiled with tears rolling down her face. At the end of our time, she made the comment that "people just don't do this kind of thing anymore". You could tell they were touched, but I think that our group of carolers were touched even more. Great times of sweet fellowship as a church body ministering together.

I'm originally from Iowa. White Christmases were much more common up north. In Oklahoma you could have it 70 degrees or -2 degrees. But the white stuff only comes every so often at Christmas. I think in all of the years in Oklahoma that I lived, we've only had 3 white Christmases. Well, it looks like we might have one this year. Chances for snow are going up for Wednesday and Thursday and this Iowa kid is excited. I don't mind the chill or the snow. I think that it's great! Keeps the wife closer cuddling and makes everyone stay indoors in the warmth. I don't know what it will mean for our Christmas Eve service, but God's will be done.

It was a great service yesterday. I had many comments from many of our people. The presence of God was especially heavy yesterday and the Holy Spirit was doing His divine work. I praise God for who He is and what He has done for us. He owes us nothing. We owe Him everything. What a great and mighty and wonderful God we serve!

No comments: