Thursday, April 8, 2010

89

You look at the title and you wonder. What's 89? Why is it important?

It probably won't be important to you, but it's important to me. It means that there's hope for the future. It means that I'm better than I once was. It means that my driver was working. It could have been lower, but I lipped 3 putts out and missed 3 more by less than an inch. Now that's a game for me!

Yes, the pastor took the day off today and went golfing. I love to golf (I just don't like what it costs)! It was a bit chilly to start out with, but it ended up being pretty nice. There was very little wind, which is always nice in Oklahoma any day. My best drive of the day was around 265 or so. I was really hitting the ball. My wife got me some +1 clubs for Christmas, and this is the 2nd time I've hit them. I love them and the +1 length I think has really helped my game. I'm not as "hunched over" as I used to be a friend told me.

Anyway, I had to share. I hit an 89 today. My best ever is an 87 that I hit in Clinton, OK in 2002. It's been 8 long years since I hit the 80's, but it was exciting for me to see them again. I'm hoping to get out there this spring and summer and play a little more. Four times a year doesn't cut it when you want to get better. It's hard to find the time between family and church stuff, but I'm glad when I get to. It refreshes me! I know that the church is having a dude's golf outing in early May sometime on a Sunday afternoon. This will probably end up being my warm up round. Don't miss the golfing with the guys! It's great fun and fellowship with some dear brothers in the Lord.

89...way cool!

(If you are reading this and you are an avid golfer and you think "how sad" that I'm excited about an 89, then please don't tell me about it. Let me enjoy my 89 like it was your 72! Thanks!)

No comments: