Thursday, April 29, 2010

Wind, Wind Go Away

For the record, I'm hating the wind right now. It's driving my allergies crazy. Wind, wind go away...and stay away.

Who knows about wind? Where does it come from? Where does it go? How does it "blow"? When I've shared Christ with people who have no faith, I often use the illustration of the wind. Can you see wind? No. But you can see its effects. Do you know where it comes from, where it goes, where it starts, and where it ends? Most people answer "no". Then I clarify, "But you believe in it's existence, right?" "Correct," they answer. The door is now open where I can talk about faith in the Lord and His existence and show all the evidence for God. I've left many a conversation knowing that the wheels were turning, thinking about the truth of God, thinking of His realness, working through the decision of faith in God when they have more faith in the existence of wind. My hope is that maybe they are a little closer to accepting the only One with the power to calm the wind with his voice. Jesus!

Maybe the wind is okay...as long as I know the one who holds it in His hand!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

PLSE find your time to read THE QURAN - the final revelation to men.

Literally the word of God to believers, the Quran is a Final Testament since Muhammad (peace be upon him) declares a seal to prophecy, “There shall be no further prophets.”

Eric Keller said...

Hey anonymous-

I understand why you want to remain anonymous. The God of Adam, Abraham, Isaac & even Ishmael is the one true God. Revelation says, "I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book." The Quran is not holy spripture inspired by God and Muhammad is a false prophet. Read the Living Word of God and see for yourself. I will pray for you.