Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Funny with a Point

Anyone in ministry can probably relate to this. You are having a divine moment, praying, studying, and you are interrupted with something so trivial. That's why I do two things:
1) Try to teach my staff to be problem solvers and not problem reporters. We operate on a team concept, and we do whatever needs to be done to get the job done. We try to protect each other's preparation and personal time with the Lord.
2) I study and prepare off site many times. It's hard for people to try not to bother me when they know I'm sitting right on the other side of that door. I try to get off site sometimes to study and write. Many churches today have a study for the pastor that's separate from the church office. Just kind of gives him a place to be alone, study, and pray.

We all need time alone with God. If won't just happen though. It doesn't just happen even for a pastor. We have to be strategic and protect that time with the Lord and the study of His Word.

No comments: