Thursday, September 18, 2008

Declutterization

As I've moved offices this week, I've begun to declutter my office a bit. Well, truthfully, I've decluttered a whole lot. With a nice push from my wife, we've accomplished a lot! (Well, maybe it was a shove perhaps). It's hard to part with things sometimes. It's hard to let books, souvenirs, trinkets, decorations the things that are a part of our life that we do not want to part with. I was sad when I had to see a few KC Chiefs items go to His Helping Hands today. But afterward, the pain is gone. When I go into my new office now, it seems cleaner and spacious. My drawers and trays no longer runneth over. It's been more freeing than painful. Now I'm in the "get rid of it" mode and my wife is milking it for all it's worth. But it's good to declutter our lives sometimes. Then we find out what we really need and what's really important. I feel freed up and less stressed. Maybe everyone should declutter (and give it to His Helping Hands)!

No comments: