Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Maddy's First Phone Call

Madalyn had her first phone conversation today with a little friend from school. My first grader is growing up. It was really weird. When I got home from the church, she was on the phone and I assumed that she was talking to one of her Grandmas or something. Then, as I listened to the awkward conversation unfold, I realized that it must have been another fellow first grader. Needless to say, phone etiquette will need to be worked on (on both ends), but it was just weird for her daddy. It was like I flashed forward to the years ahead when sometime she would be on the phone at 14 talking to a friend.

It's amazing how fast our kids grow up and how you realize everyday that you will never turn the clock back to yesterday. So, I'm cherishing every moment as we went to the backyard and played soccer tonight. It won't be long before she won't be interested in that anymore. Time is short. Don't squander it with your kids...and always be there.

No comments: