Sunday, September 28, 2008

First Message

I was so excited to share my first message with the people at Oakwood today. I felt like God had been working with me on it for 2 weeks now. It was time to "let it all out!" It was truly a blessing. I appreciated the elders and church body coming forward and praying for me. It's great to feel so loved on and supported by so many. I got a little teary-eyed during the prayer time. When I stood up, I asked Tracy, the head elder, "And I'm supposed to preach after that?" It was a defining moment in my life and ministry. There are many people who are very near and dear to my heart who are praying and pulling for me as God's man to lead Oakwood and it's very humbling to been in that position. But then again, I think that's exactly where God wants me to be, on my knees before Him.

Thank you God for using me. I pray that I would please you first and foremost as I serve in this position.

No comments: