Monday, April 27, 2009

Monday, Monday

So here's how it started...I get a call from Nancy (my administrative assistant) at 7:40 this morning. I'm thinking that she's being nice and calling to see if I wanted a Davinci's. Boy, was I wrong! She called from her cell to tell me that the phone system was out. Completely out! All 6 lines at the church, the voicemail/PBX, the whole closet was dead. When I got in about 8 she informed me that the internet was down as well as the network. I troubleshooted with it for about an hour or so and then realized that the APC backup got fried last night at some point. So, no power was the problem, and it's not on the electric side but the actually battery back-up unit. So, off to Staples for surge protection and battery back-up extraordinaire.

Then I kind of got sucked in on the projector project. We had a projector go down, probably due to the storms, so we were running with one projector in the sanctuary on Sunday. So, ladders up and trying to get that done.

All of that being said, it's now 11AM and I've got nothing done that I really needed to get done this morning. Ah, tis a Monday. Monday, Monday.... On Monday's you never know what you're going to get.

Hopefully my Tuesday will have a better start. Now I'm just praying for God's provision and blessing of time for the rest of today. It is the day that He's given me as a gift. Even though it hasn't gone as I hoped, I'm no less called to "rejoice and be glad in it".

Make it a great day and dedicate it for the Lord!

No comments: