Thursday, April 9, 2009

Teamwork

I just returned to my desk from witnessing my daughter, Abigail's, preschool Easter party. You see, when your child is in a Christian preschool, it's okay to say Jesus and learn about the real reason for our national holidays. I was blessed to see our preschoolers go to the tomb and learn that Jesus wasn't inside, that he had risen from the dead. The shear excitement in the room was contagious as the children sang and shouted "hosanna". It was great!

Something else I noticed was the great teamwork of the preschool staff, parents, and church staff. Our own Amanda, our new children's minister, was there kneeling with a group of kids and telling the story of the empty tomb. My wife and others were washing hands, singing songs, getting kids ready for the Easter party they were about to have. It was great to see a well-oiled staff/volunteer combination. Everyone seemed to really buy in, to really enjoy the kids and what they were doing. Did any of those extras have to help this morning? I'm sure that they could have found something else to do. But they all showed up and had all hands on deck and pulled a very successful Easter celebration for Oakwood Christian Academy. I thank God for the maturity that leads to wonderful harmony amongst a group of believers who serve the Risen Savior. That's true Christian teamwork.

No comments: