Sunday, April 12, 2009

A Special Day

Easter was a special day at Oakwood. This was by far the smoothest Easter Sunday we've had since I've been here (2003). There was no major foul-up today. Everything went very smooth in spite of the couple of roof leaks that we discovered in the building this morning. I think smoothness of everything this morning is largely contributed to God's grace, of course, and the faithful volunteers that made everything happen in the ministry today. As I began to figure, we had more than 100 volunteers serve in different aspects of ministry this morning. What a blessing to have a maturing church that's willing to serve the risen Lord in some "unseen" ways that are still very necessary for ministry. To the many volunteers that are in thankless ministry positions, I say thank you. You do not go unnoticed. I believe you made God smile today.

I'm truly blessed to be the lead man of such a great church. I can see people outreaching now, inviting friends, neighbors, and co-workers. I'm excited to see what God continues to do as we move ahead.

If you're reading this, be sure to be a part of what God is already doing around you. Want to know how to get directly involved in ministry? Call the church office (580) 233-1225 and ask for myself, Derek or Amanda and we'll be glad to get you started.

I thank the Lord so much for Jesus death and resurrection. I stand amazed at His love, patience, and mercy.

No comments: