Thursday, August 6, 2009

Injured the Foot

I injured my foot at softball tonight. I had to actually leave the game. It was sad. I was trying to beat a throw to first on a poorly hit ball and tried to stretch in my stride and gimped up with a pulled (and hopefully not torn) Achilles tendon. It was the last game of the season too! What a sad ending!

Softball was great this summer. Everyone involved had a good time playing and fellowshipping. I've had several ask me about a fall league, but there are no plans for that. We had a really good time this summer and I think that we'll definitely have to do it again next year.

I enjoy sports. I like watching okay, but I'd rather be playing or at least coaching. I enjoyed softball a lot and this was my first time ever to play. I enjoy basketball a lot and even football.

I also enjoy music. Guess I'm kind of "well-rounded" that way. I'm not teaching this weekend so I have the opportunity to play drums for Sunday's worship. I'm just hoping that I can go on the foot okay. I'm praying that it will feel better in the morning. Usually it will feel either better or worse the second day. I'm hoping that it's better.

I'd rather be playing or doing something than sitting with an injury. People that sit and like it drive me crazy. And most of the watchers don't even have injuries! I often times wonder how many watchers there are in the average church? They are injured, they just choose to be inactive and watch. And then I wonder...what does Jesus think about that?

No comments: