Sunday, August 16, 2009

Storms

I like storms. My dad was a pilot as I was growing up and we used to always watch the storms and even chase tornadoes a little bit. Dad knew the weather and to this day pays much attention to it. I guess I'm kind of my dad's son that way. I'm always aware of the weather and can pretty much tell you when things are going to get messy. I'm enjoying the storms tonight minus 2 things: 1) My girls keep getting up scared & 2) I have men's Bible fellowship at 6AM tomorrow, so I need some shut-eye soon.

It's a weird pattern tonight where all of the storms are forming just west of Enid and moving north and east. Amazing how God's weather works. I remember laying in my bed as a kid on nights like tonight and thinking through the loud thunder that God was moving His furniture around up in heaven. Funny how you remember those things. I just keep telling my girls that God's moving His furniture around in His big house and that he's taking some pictures too (flash lightning photography).

No comments: