Friday, November 14, 2008

Flying Solo

Amy is at Women of Faith and I'm flying solo with the 3 daughters. My girls are pretty good for the most part, truly. But...they are girls. Girls are just different than boys. They cry about everything!!!! There's long hair everywhere! In the bathroom, in the car seats. It's crazy. But I love them all and wouldn't trade them for anything.

In the morning, Madalyn has a birthday party to go to. Problem: I don't do cute hair. It's going to be very interesting to see how my 7 year old reacts to daddy's hair style. Might want to pray for us there.

The sermon I've been working on this week is good. It's amazing how much it can change from Sunday night to Thursday every week. I honestly go into the whole process with an open heart and mind and all ow God to guide it as I study and develop. I've thought about blogging the process sometime, but I don't know who all would find that interesting. If you want me to, leave me a comment to that effect and I'll take it under advisement. Or I may pray about it and do it anyway, Lord willing.

I got to get to bed soon. One last read through my sermon and I'm off (that is if I don't fall asleep in my read through)! Ha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have actually thought about asking you how you prepare for a sermon. Do you have an idea of what you want to preach? Is it sometimes a chore? Do you just present yourself for study time and let God 'pull the sled'?