Friday, March 13, 2009

From Paul Himself

Dear praying friends,

Hello again from our home! Thank you for your prayers. I was going to Samar, a remote and distant island, to check on a church building project when this happened. So glad it was near home and at the beginning of the trip. It was the street right next to us where they tried their robbery. Makes you a little concerned for ones' neighborhood!

I was released last night from the hospital and am using a walker. The bullet is in my left leg deep in the muscle and they are not concerned about it now. I will check on it when I get home in a few months. The nerve damage on the right leg is to the nerve that helps you lift your foot, it was damaged but not severed. Keep me in your prayers and also for Mary as she gets to be nurse!

It is slow using a walker but the pain is well controlled with the medication. I am suppose to check back with the doctor and with the foot therapist on Tuesday. Pray that I will soon be able to walk without a limp and that we do not have any infection problems. There are three bullet holes and one 7 inch incision where they did the surgery on the nerve that has to be cared for daily. Several other missionaries that live in this area are helping us and also the neighbors. God is caring for us wonderfully! The doctor said it was just a few centimeters away from the big leg artery and if had been anymore the other direction it would of severed the nerve or hit the bone. God was watching over me! Thank you for your prayers! Pray for me to be patient when all around me are many things that I want to do.

Hope to see you all this summer when we get home! We are hopefully coming the first of May in time for the Kiamichi Clinic. Pray that we can get our airline tickets this week. We have some bonus airline miles we are trying to use but there are not any open dates when we want to travel.

It is interesting getting released out of the hospital here. They want all bills paid before they release you, even the doctors. When they see that the patient is an American it is higher cost than one expected. (This is why pastors and church workers with medical bills and pharmacy bills always request money. ) The hospitals don't keep medicine for patients. It was a challenge to get out last night..... but glad to be home and that a neighbor has a walker and wheelchair for me!

Please continue to pray for the healing! It is hard to go slow when there is so much we want to accomplish before furlough time!

In His service,

Paul Wilson

No comments: