Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Good news for the Kids!!!



I try to do a funny once a week and I thought with the sudden shift in weather this week, this one might be appropriate!

After the elder's meeting last night, it was a unanimous decision to extend a call to Amanda to be our new Children's Minister. Amanda was here all weekend and indicated to me that she really enjoyed her time here and getting to know the people of Oakwood. Amanda handled every question that we could throw at her with grace and maturity, and I feel blessed if we could have her on our church staff. I'm excited to call her today and share the news. Now our prayers turn toward her acceptance. These are exciting times for our Children's Ministry and for the families at Oakwood. I am looking forward to a bright future with our Children's Ministry.
God is doing so many great things at Oakwood. Every week I hear stories of life change that God is stirring in our people. Be blessed and pray that God does that work in every single member, yes, even in you.

No comments: