Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Long Day & Paul Update

Tuesdays are my longest day of the week. On Tuesday mornings our Men's Group meets at 6AM in the OAC dining room. Then I work all day (got off around 6 yesterday) and I have Men's basketball at 9PM in the gym. I got home about 11:30 last night, showered and crashed.

I don't see how people can keep those types of schedules. I usually only have to do it a couple of days a week, but I know that there are a few that do that type of schedule 5 days a week. After Tuesdays, I'm tired. It sometimes takes me a couple of days to "get my feet back under me". I know that I wouldn't want to work like that everyday.

And what are some of the side effects of such a schedule? Lack of sleep effects your metabolism, attitude, strength and stamina, and just being able to stay awake and not dose off in a meeting or something.

Though we may be driven to long hours sometimes, we must take control of our hours and stay healthy for ourselves, our families, and ultimately for God. God designed us to be healthy people. We may have seasons of our lives where we are busy busy, but we must stay healthy with our time. God will honor it. And we will honor Him better as we have some leisure time with Him.

I just got off the phone with Paul Wilson from the Philippines. He is doing pretty well. He wanted me to thank the church for their prayers. He is unable to lift his right foot (like if you were tapping your toe on the floor). We need to pray for that nerve damage there for him. He said that he's getting along pretty well. He's got 3 graduations this weekend to attend and 2 of them he's supposed to speak at. He's off the walker and the cane and is just moving slow and with a limp. Please continue to pray for Paul and Mary. They will be home around the 1st of May. They will be seeing some Dr.'s when they get back to the states for some 2nd opinions about the nerve damage and getting the bullet out. They will be in the states for several months and will be here for our Vacation Bible School in July. Praise the Lord!

No comments: