Thursday, October 2, 2008

Candy Mixin' & Maddy's B-day

Abigail and Madalyn are next door to my office right now in the "candy room" mixing candy for Festival of Light. It's that time of year and I learned several years ago that you have to get started early on mixing or it will sneak up on you. The girls have a blast mixing it and it makes them feel important and a part of the team, I think. Just goes to show that anyone can do service for the Lord, even a 3 year old and a 6, well, now 7 year old.

Madalyn's 7th birthday is today. She's pretty jazzed about it. She picked her "special meal" tonight of mac and cheese and blueberry muffins. Friend party tomorrow night and family party on Saturday night. Big weekend, none the less. Isabel's first birthday is Saturday, so we got 2 real close together here. It's a lot of fun.

Mommy dressed Maddy up cute in a shirt today that said "Birthday Girl" on the front of it. Amy is always good at making birthdays and holidays special for everyone. When I picked Madalyn up at school today, she had a balloon bouquet that she had received while in class. When she got in the car I asked her who gave it to her and she said that it was from Glenwood (the name of her school). I said "What? Did you read the card, girl?" She said that the outside of it said Glenwood, which it did. I proceeded to ask why she thought that Glenwood School would buy her balloons for her birthday and nobody else on theirs. She told me with a very straight face, "I thought it was because they read my t-shirt." Needless to say, I laughed all the way home. Too cute from my 7 year old. Grandpa and Grandma had supplied the balloons. Too funny!

No comments: