Sunday, October 19, 2008

When the Spirit moves

Watch out. God's spirit moves when you least expect it. Today's time of invitation in our church service was a great example. We had sung a verse and a chorus and no one was coming forward. I'm not the type to ever "shut down" the invitation, but I'm also not the type to extend it forever till someone comes forward. As we began to sing the second verse, one came, then another, then another, and the next thing I knew the whole front was filled with people being ministered to. It blesses me so much to see so many of our elders and staff talking to these people, praying for these people, and truly loving on them as Christ loved on us. It's great to see so many people from our congregation come forward to help, and listen, and pray as their brothers and sisters in Christ come forward to make decisions and ask for prayer. It nearly brought tears to my eyes a couple of times as I could see God's Spirit move on His people. If you were there, then you definitely know what I mean. Just goes to show me again that God operates on His terms, in His time, and as a servant of His, you just better be ready. Sometimes when you least expect it and your about to close things down...He shows up big...and the Spirit moves...and once again God shows you what happens when you open your heart to Him. I pray that every person in our church would be open to God's spirit and His leading in their lives! Amen!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eric, I agree church was great today, I was moved to tears from the start during praise and worship all the way to invitation. God is Good!!