Thursday, October 30, 2008

Excited

I'm super excited about tomorrow night. It's one of our biggest outreaches of the year. So many people will come through our doors. I feel that we are more strategic this year than we've ever been in seeing how this can better build bridges and impact lives for the Lord. I'm excited to see what God is going to do through all of this. Festival of Light is not an Eric deal or a Dan deal or an Oakwood deal; it's a God deal. I'm just praying that our people and the people who are coming in for this remember that. I'm also praying that God does His thing through us, His servants. I'm excited to be a part of this. I hope that everyone at our church is as excited as I am.

We'll see a lot tomorrow night. We'll have ghosts, goblins, witches and scary costumes, but I always try to put it in perspective with this...behind each of those masks and costumes is a person, a person with a heart and soul that God created. These kids need Jesus just as much as any of our church kids. We have to love them in spite of their decisions on costume or whatever else we see. These souls are crying out for love and acceptance so many times. Tomorrow night is our opportunity to share God's love with each and every person. I think that God has us up to the task. I'm hoping that many will come and join us for Festival of Light!

No comments: