Monday, October 13, 2008

Marriages

I talked to someone (not from our church) on Friday who told me she was getting a divorce from her husband of over 12 years. They were supposed to sign the papers today sometime. With the weather today, whew, what a memory! (Cold, windy, and rainy) It hit me late this afternoon with the weather changes, the cold air, and the wind and rain that this represents how God feels about broken marriages. He cries for them. He hates divorce. It ruins the union that he intended. It's sad. It breaks my heart to see how broken families function (or dysfunction, rather). When will we learn that doing marriages God's way is the best way?

The church has to do it's part to try to build strong marriages from the beginning through pre-marital services. We also must be there for couples as life comes and they are struggling. We need divorce care ministries in the church to help people function and repair their hearts. I'm no wise man. I'm not all knowing. I don't have all of the answers.

I'll just keep praying....

No comments: