Monday, January 19, 2009

Busy

I apologize that I have not been able to blog more often in recent days. We have a lot going on at the church, as you can imagine. When our children's minister resigned the work load went up for everyone. It's just where we are at for right now.

I am energized by what God is doing in the life of our church. I feel as optimistic about Oakwood and what God is doing here as I ever have. It's such a blessing to be a part of what God is doing to change hearts and lives for His purposes.

We have a lot of really great ideas as staff and leaders in the church. It's always good to see God's people stepping up and doing the ministry of God's church. I see people getting out of their comfort zones and making new people feel welcome. God has been really working on me in my preaching and I feel that He is refining me day by day. I'm most humbled, but excited at the same time.

I guess with all this being said, God's got me on a journey. God's got Oakwood on a journey. God has other people in our church on a journey. It's exciting, draining, fulfilling, painful, but necessary, all at the same time. God has us on a journey. I'm praying that He would keep pushing us so that we can become the church that He needs us to be for the people of Enid.

No comments: