Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Donuts

Today I enjoyed watching the vehicles pour into our church parking lot to test the ice. It was kind of funny watch as people "lost it" more than they had planned and really went sliding from time to time. All in good fun, until they almost hit our basketball goal a couple of times. It's also funny because it's mostly adults and not teens. (Those wild and crazy adults!)

Okay, I must admit, I had some fun too. I pulled the tightest donut in the parking lot today. But hey, isn't it great to cut loose every once in a while and just have fun? Yes, even pastors like to have fun every once in a while...or a lot! As far as I know, it isn't immoral or illegal to do donuts in the parking lot. (I know this now because two Enid Police cars were at the car wash shooting radar and talking while watching me slide around in the church parking lot. I didn't notice them till I was going to park my car. Too funny!)

Sometimes we just have to have fun in life and cut loose. I've enjoyed staying up late with my girls the last 2 nights because we had NO SCHOOL. Amy and I have enjoyed the time together as a family. No schedule, just enjoying the evening together. It's been fun and refreshing to be stuck at home with the family. I think that as a society, we don't do enough of that. We've got to get back to what's important, time with the people we love.

So enjoy the time off from school, work, or whatever time you are given. There's no church tomorrow night so play with your kids, start the fireplace, and make the evening count. And if you need to, come up and do a donut or two. I'll just watch and laugh with you.

No comments: