Tuesday, January 20, 2009

First things first

Every morning I start my day by spending some quiet time with the Lord. It doesn't matter what's going on, who's talking to me, who needs me to answer a question or anything else. I'm excited every morning to see what the Lord has for me. It takes a few minutes, but it is so worth it in the long run.

On the days where I miss the quiet time (which are honestly very few and far between now), I don't seem to accomplish as much. I really believe that God sometimes supernaturally blesses my time when I first take time and spend with Him. Have you ever had that experience? It just seems that I get a lot more done when I take the time and spend it in the Word first thing everyday. You can call it silly or supernatural, but that's really the way I feel. When I keep the priorities straight, God blesses me. First things first.

No comments: