Sunday, February 15, 2009

God is good in spite of me

I messed up while preaching today. I got too far off of my notes and couldn't find out where I was. Too funny, but very painful and nerve racking to me at the time. God is good and worked in spite of me. I feel that way much of the time.

God blessed our offerings today. Every week I go back and tell the counters that if the offering is short of the weekly budget need, then they better bless it and get out their checkbooks and make up the difference. It's an ongoing joke with us. Anyway, I go back today to say my line and they both just look at me and smile. The offering was over our weekly need. I couldn't believe it. That was great news and something that we've been praying about as leadership lately, that God would supernaturally provide for our finances. Praise the Lord for His provision for His church.

On another note, Isabel and Abigail had to see the doc on Friday. They were both running a temperature. When we got to the Dr.'s office, the nurse took Izzy's temp at 105.5 degrees! We couldn't believe it. We had given her ibuprofen, but it wasn't touching the fever. The nurse acted concerned, so I was too. Amy and I were thinking meningitis or something like that. So the doc comes in and puts her on some medicine. Ends up she had some type of virus and an infection on top of that. Anyway, at 8PM that night, it was miraculous healing. She went from fever and cranky back to Isabel. The fever broke and hasn't been back since. I'm thankful to all of those in our church family that were praying for us Friday. Your prayers were definitely answered in a supernatural way. Again, God is so good. I stand amazed!

Every day people ask "how are you?" or " how are you doing?" I answer "better than I deserve" these days. It's the truth. God treats me and gives me a great life that is better than I deserve. I deserve pain and punishment, a bad life due to my sins. But God, being rich in mercy, because of his great love for us, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in sins. (Eph. 2:4-5) Praise the Lord for working good in spite of me.

2 comments:

jc said...

Eric - I've had the preaching thing happen to me before. Sometimes I think the Lord is telling us to just shut up and let him work. Glad to hear your kid is ok.

I had a dream last night that I was at Oakwood and we couldn't find our little Josie. It was a nightmare. The wierd thing is that Oakwood was orange again! God Bless you bro!

jc

billcompugeek said...

Be blessed! "The new age of light is well under way and cannot be stopped." - Jakob Lorber.

References: Holy Bible, Emanuel Swedenborg, Jakob Lorber, Bertha Dudde.