Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Stick a fork in me, I'm done

Well, the conference is over. What a great week. Amy and I got to share lunch with Dan Wilson today and a friend of his. It was good to see Dan and reconnect and fellowship with him. If you don't know Dan he was one of the pillars of Oakwood in the "glory days". A great man with a great heart. It's always good to reconnect with old friends and share your life.

We're heading home in the morning. I'm looking forward to getting back and getting to work. But most of all, I'm ready to see my girls. Amy and I have so missed them. Today was especially hard. I guess it's time! I can't wait to see them and hug them and talk to them. We may have to go get Madalyn out of school early! I don't know that I can wait till 3PM. I miss my girls!!!

These feelings well describe how God feels about us. His love for us is great. He can't wait to see us and is starved for time with us. When we ignore Him and don't spend any time with Him, I'm sure that he feels the same way that I do about my girls. I miss them. And He misses us. My prayer tonight is that Oakwood's members would daily be in the word and in prayer, spending time with their Father. If you haven't seen Him lately...he misses you.

No comments: