Sunday, February 22, 2009

We're live from Joplin!

Amy and I arrived safely in Joplin, MO tonight. We are here for the Preaching & Teaching Convention. I'm looking forward to the week. Tomorrow we are attending a session with Ben Merold and Tim Harlow called Turnaround Churches. We're excited to learn all that we can and bring it back to Oakwood.

Today was a great service. God's Spirit was heavy on everyone, the worship team, the staff, and the people. What a sweet time of fellowship with the Lord and each other. I had someone in the lobby after church tell me that they can't wait for Sundays. It's their favorite day of the week because they get to come to church and encounter God in an awesome way. Oh that all of us would feel the same way.

Someone told me today that I lowered the boom in the message. If I did, it wasn't my intention. Define lower the boom?! I just know that when the Spirit convicts, it doesn't much matter what the preacher is saying, it's all about what God is saying and doing. I'm just glad to be a part of what He's doing at Oakwood. He deserves all the credit for life-change in our church.

This will be a great week. I'm looking forward to it. My thoughts are with Derek, however, as he steers the ship. I know that he is able and will do a great job. I also know that he has ALOT to get done this week. Please pray for Amy and I as we are taught and trained this week. Also pray for Derek to accomplish all that he needs to.

We're live from Joplin! (Time to get started on next week's message!)

Grace and peace to all in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! Keep the faith!

No comments: