Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Great day again

It was a great day again. Amy and I have gotten lots of ideas from the experts who have been leading in ministries for years. I went to a class today taught by an 82 year old man and Amy went to his wive's class (a similar age). They have minds of 35 year olds though. I laughed because they spoke the truth about churches and people in those churches so bluntly, but in love. I told the man leading my class afterwards that I think that he would offend some of our senior adults with his candor. He laughed and said, "Maybe they need to be offended." I laughed so hard. His philosophy is that age DOES NOT matter, you never stop growing and ministering in the Lord. So true. Even if you are 85 years young, you can still be a mighty tool in God's hands if you have a willing heart and joyful spirit. Plus, most people that age have a hot commodity that the 20-50 crowd doesn't have...time. I'm praying for God to instill this vision in the hearts of some of our people at Oakwood. We all are called to get out and do something for the Lord, yes everyone!

We heard some great teaching and preaching today. Of course, it is the teaching & preaching convention, you know. Lots of great insights to digest. I'm going to have to go to hand therapy and notetaker's anonymous when I get back to E-town. I do think that I know how I'm going to get more organized when I get back. God's given me ideas tonight as I've read and digested thoughts from today. We have a lot to do for the Lord, but God will provide the time, way, and means to do His work. I'm excited about what the future holds for Oakwood! If you're reading this, pray that you will catch the excitement too!

Well, I'm tired and it starts early again tomorrow, so I better get to sleep. Thank you Lord for another great day of life!

2 comments:

jc said...

Dude - why didn't you tell me you would be in Joplin? We coulda done lunch - I might see you on Wednesday!

jc

jc said...

And, I forgot to say in the other comment, I appreciate your blog!

jc